Monday, May 23, 2011

I know I haven't posted anything recently. The biggest reason I do a blog is for the family archive, I am in love with Blogs to books. It is a mix between Journal and a scrapbook, what isn't there to love. So the next few blog entrees are a couple weeks late.... sorry. We took a small family vacation to Ogden a few weeks ago. It was a lot of fun during the days... the nights where a different story. Luckily Jake is a deep sleeper because Derek kept Dan and I awake both nights. We first went to the Hill Airforce museum. I think this was a mutual favorite among us. Not only are the airplanes cool, but there where fighter jets training right there! Jake could have watched them for hours. I was surprised how much Derek liked it and how the noise of them flying over us didn't startle him.
It was really hard to get a picture of the jets, you hear them after they are out of sight. Here is Dan and Jake looking at them in the distance. They are the little black spots.
Derek likes to push the stroller with Mommy, oh the joys of pushing a two kids stroller while the little ones run around. I am so glad that the binki's and sippy cups had a nice ride.
I don't know why they decided to park this airplane right over the side walk... but it was annoying.
We also went to the train/gun/car museum in downtown Ogden. Lets just say the train museum was way cooler than the others. They had a whole room full of old train stuff that they made "kid friendly". Jake was determined that this moves up and down...They even had some actual trains we could go look at outside. Jake loved how big they where, it still surprises me that he has no interest in Thomas the Train. They had a penny smashing machine that Jake was super excited about. He picked a nice picture of the train, then realized that this was a manual penny smasher. He had to work to get his penny! I think my favorite part of the whole museum was watching him crank the machine to get his "treasure". Here he is holding his treasure in front of a large train wheel... someday I will get him to look at the camera and smile at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment