Friday, July 19, 2013

Salt Lake City


We went Salt Lake to pick my parents up from the airport last week after they drove to Oklahoma to help my sister Rachel move. She and her family will be missed. Because we where having to drive all the way to up town Salt Lake, we decided to make a day of it. We went to see the temple, play at a park and get sandwiches at Moochies. Moochies.... amazing sandwiches. I think it is one of Dan's favorite places to go in Salt Lake.
 It was the first time Derek and Lizzy had ever been to the temple. Jacob and Derek loved the little exhibits with the life size characters of the prophets. I know most of Temple Square is for older kids so I was proud of them listing to our stories and enjoying the sights. I know we are lucky to live near so many temples.

 We also went to the Zoo recently. It was a ton of fun getting to hang out with the family. Jacob and Derek had a blast, Lizzy Lynne tolerated the experience. We where lucky enough to see them feed the crocodiles. It was one of the coolest things I have seen at the zoo. Jacob was enthralled and didn't seem scared at all that an animal in front of him was tearing apart a huge rat/bunny.


Another fun thing about going to the zoo when it is overcast is that apparently it is code for bears to be super active. They where walking around, swimming and trying to break through the reinforced plexiglass.

 Did you ever build a nest out of blankets as a kid and pretend you where a bird? Well I did. I have installed this fun past time in my kids and I am an amazing blanket nest builder. When I saw this play nest, I thought it was awesome. I want one. This has hours of fun imaginary play time written all over it. Though it isn't as comfortable as the ones i make.

 I have no idea why but my kids LOVE these bronze statues of the animals. They spent more time climbing and attempting to break a bone then looking at the actual animal itself.


 That is right... Jacob got to get within touching distance to his favorite animal. The Peregrine Falcon. He stopped dead in his tracks halting the line behind us when he saw it. He then hounded the very nice zoo lady with facts. " Did you know this is the fastest animal ... ever". " Did you know it can kill a pelican". I am glad he met his animal super hero.
 Yet another random bronze statue the kids had fun climbing and falling off of.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I was scrolling down to leave a comment and it went a post too far so the last thing I saw was the ultrasound and thought it was connected to this post. I was shocked, thinking you were announcing #4. It was pretty funny.

    Looks like a great day! I love the picture you got of the temple. So beautiful. Love you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete