Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Fun!!

We went camping at the beginning of July. To the big Glassford gathering in Pine Valley Utah. It was a lot of fun, but I think Jacob enjoyed it the most. He had fun playing with all the kids ( young and old)
Daniel had fun fishing, playing badminton.
There was even a badminton tournament. I felt bad for Caden, who got stuck with me as his partner ( we lost in our first game). I can't remember who won the tournament, just the priceless moments of my mother and aunt Lisa playing . I have video of the badminton tournament, and will try to post it as soon as I can.


Happy Independence Day!
We went over to our friends the Brainerds to celebrate the fourth. We had a barbecue and Kayla Astin made her amazing spinach dip. Jacob loved playing the drums on rock band. It was so cute to watch him try to play with his cousins Devin and Andy and uncle Jimmy

Then we did fireworks, Daniel and I where introduced to " Tank Wars" . Which will now be a staple in our Fourth of July from now on.
Everyone gets their own firework tank, you point them at each other's tanks, the one with the least amount of damage wins. Katrina and Doug's tank won.
But I think Dan and I should get second place because our tank obliterated Jimmy's and Kayla's.

Speaking of Jim and Kayla, They recently became parents of a beautiful baby boy named Jonah! Congrats guys!

4 comments:

  1. yeah... jess... you did always such at badminton :) haha, just kidding.
    It's good to see another post from you guys - Jacob is getting so big! I would like to see more of you included in the pics, but I know how hard it can be to get the hubby to pick up the camera and take some good pictures.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing that video of mom and lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He Great fun In P.V. I hope we can do something like that every year. Next time we will have Jacob and Elizabeth !

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, next year we will have Jacob and his little brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see the camping pictures. We had SO much fun with your family up there with us. Thanks for all the memories and laughs. Now that you have camped successfully with a child, you will not be afraid to do it more often. Spending time in the wild is a wonderful tradition--keep it up guys!

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete