Thursday, April 22, 2010

Derek Brewster Astin
was blessed this past Sunday. Here is our little family, I feel so lucky to have a great husband and two sweet ( and active) children.
We are also lucky to live so close to both of our parents. Our kids have no idea how blessed they are to have their grandparents be such a big part of their life. It is good to know that My kids not only have Dan and I, but the army of family that we are surrounded by.

We had a lot of family come celebrate his birth with us. Our house was full during the brunch we hosted after our sacrament meeting. My mother helped serve all the food; everything was so tasty. Here is Richie and my dad chowing down on the food.
Grandma Hawkins was able to come, And of coarse Heather was there! Heather, who is one of Jacob's favorite people, was saddened by the fact that Jacob didn't want to sit next to her in the sacrament meeting. That's right... he wanted to sit next to me!My grandmother-in-law Donna brought a Romanian mix tape to the brunch, which she decided to blast while we where eating. Because of the sweet mix of calming nature sounds and seventies disco music... Dan and his brother Jimmy had no choice, they had to dance!
Here are the Andersons and the soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Willis!
Here is Derek and me, I love his bright smile!
Here is Dan with his two sons!
This is Derek all decked out in his blessing suite. His Grandma Astin made this tux for him. We had to cancel the blessing two other times due to sickness, and every time she had to adjust it. Derek is a growing baby, I am just glad it fit him! He looked so dashing!

4 comments:

  1. Dan you gave a wonderful blessing and Jess we had a good time at the luncheon.

    Thanks, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. MY. GOODNESS. Dereck is getting so cute!!! That picture of you and him is so adorable. He's got such a huge smile you can't help but smile yourself when you see that! Ugh, you're making me want one of those... you know... babies... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well i wasn't going to say anything... But Angie, I need more nephews and i really need a niece!!! and the baby blessing was very good, Derek has two wonderful parents and an adorable older brother!! He's a lucky boy!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. wished we could have been there! what a cutie! can't wait to meet him in july!

    ReplyDelete