Monday, June 14, 2010

Sunday Fun!

We went to my parents house Sunday afternoon for some family fun. Derek loves being held, and at my parents house he is held almost constantly. I can't blame people for wanting to hold my little chunk!
Badminton was played despite the inclement weather.
Dan and Rachel was the team that won! Richie and Jim played hard, here they are trying to hit the birdy, but sadly both of them missed.
Dan and Rachel had great team work and skills. It reminded me of Pine valley and the badmitten tournament we had up there, only not as much trash talk.
Jacob decided that he wanted to play and help Jim and Richie, but I think he hindered more than anything. Jacob then decided to run back and forth under the net, it just made the game more interesting. Maybe they should have played that if they hit Jacob, they got 2 points!
After the fun outside, we went inside and celebrated Jim and Rachel's anniversary with cupcakes! Heather and Jacob had fun playing with a blanket, it was super cute.
Because of the wet weather we are experiencing, we weren't able to take a picture of the two boys outside. So I am still stuck with pictures of my cute boys on our couch.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Jess nice brown background again.... Ha! I gotta tell you those kids are getting so expressive. They take some nice photos.

    Great shot of the badminton clan. I was told that the rackets busted under extreme play.

    Thanks for coming over you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only does he have a Mullett, but its like an 80's mowhawk mullett!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anybody can wear that hair due, Richie can. Like he says, this is the only time in his life where he can wear such different hair styles, so he's enjoying it. I must admit that the badminton games are getting quite competitive, but fun to watch. Fun family time together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove Richie's hair. It'a freakin' awesome!!
    Just you guys wait until I get down to Utah, then the badminton trashtalking shall begin!

    P.S. Jess, what are you talking about? The weather looks great and everyone is in short sleeves, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited to see you in a few weeks Angie!

    You might not be able to tell, but it was raining off and on that day. the minute the rain subsided we went outside and played. They actually stopped playing because it started to rain again. I hate being outside in the rain, it makes me feel clammy and bleh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie- It rained during the last game and we had to stop playing... But other than that it was nice :) Miss you!

    Dan- We KICKED BUTT! Lets do it again!

    Jess- Cute babies!! Love them :)

    ReplyDelete