Friday, June 11, 2010

Yay for Summer!

We are finally having some good weather! Jacob loves playing outside. We have been able to go to the park almost daily and color our cement pad with chalk . We also went to Thanksgiving Point's Farm; Jacob loves it there. He even got up the courage to ride the little horse! Now his favorite animal is the horse, followed closely by the elephant.
Derek is getting SO big! I think he is starting to teeth because he wants to chew on everything. When he doesn't have a toy to stick in his mouth, he chews on his fingers. Derek wears about 3 outfits a day because his cloths get soaked with slobber.
I decided to take some pictures of the boys together. Jacob just loves Derek and always wants to hold him. I have decided that Derek is never going to crawl, and it is because of Jake. Derek cries and Jake stops what he is doing, runs over to Derek and gives him a binky, a toy, and a hug.

I have realized that all my pictures of the two of them have been on my couches. My Dad is going to help remedy this problem this weekend by taking photos of them this Sunday. I am so excited! Maybe I can even convince Dan to take a few family shots!

5 comments:

  1. We got to babysit Jacob today, and we had a great time with him. He loves to hang out with Heather, Grandpa, Richie, Rachel, Jimmy, me and his great Grandparents. Jacob is such a social little guy, he is a lot of fun to be around. Derek is getting so big, I love to watch him roll over and he is so ticklish. He has the cutest laugh when you tickle him. Dan and Jess you are doing a great job as parenting!!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob you are looking very dapper with those shades. "YouDa Little Man"

    We went to Cosco with Jacob today and he carried his little horse with him the entire time. While I was pushing him around in the grocery cart I would name products and he would repeat their names after me. He really enjoyed the meat department. I think the fish and crab were one of his highlights.

    Jess you need to check out the images I took of Derek and Dan during Heather's graduation dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacob loves hanging out at the Grandparents house. Thanks again for taking him today, it was a needed break. He came home and had to tell me about the fish and the crabs. Did he think they where sleeping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute little boys! Jess- you are such a good mommy and I'm sure that's where Jacob has learned to be so caring, nurturing and giving. I'm so excited to see you guys- only one more month :)

    ReplyDelete