Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The beginning of Fall and Jacob's Birthday Week

I love fall! The weather is great, the seasonal food is tasty, and there is so much fun stuff to do around town! Because it is Jacob's birthday week we have had fun filled days, starting with this past Monday. We went to Wheeler Farms, which was all decked out in halloween festivities. Because it was a Monday morning and overcast, we where basically the only people there. Which was great! Jacob had fun feeding the geese while Derek slept. Jacob loves tractors and when he saw all the antique tractors, all he wanted to do is ride one. We told him they where old and that we should go find some other animals.
The ducks where fearless! We actually had to scare them away on several occasions. We didn't want them to scare Jacob by taking the food out of his hands.
They had a cute little hey maze. It was only four feet tall, great for kids annoying for parents.
I took Jacob to the Farm at Thanksgiving point also, where they had a craft activity for the kids. He loves painting and pumpkins, so he was a happy guy. Jacob loves animals, it is amazing that he doesn't get sick of looking at cows.

3 comments:

  1. Hey some great images of the kids. I love the one with the two of them together. When I was 16 I had four geese and one of my friends was attacked and beat up by one of the big birds. Ducks and geese can be very aggressive and from my experience crazy water fowl could possibly cause bodily harm. Thanks for the invite to the birthday part. We enjoyed the activities.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again- your boys are adorable. I love Jacob's little foe'hawk.

    He is getting so big! Tell him happy birthday from Auntie Angie? I'm the worst aunt ever, I need one of those Brithday things to keep track of everyone's birthday.

    I remember the gifts that Aunt Lisa would send for our birthdays or Christmas were always something I'd look forward to... Dang it, I want to be the cool aunt like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha too bad Angie, Im going to be the cool Aunt! Just wait, I'll send your kids stuff (from Utah) that they will just be so happily overwhellmed!

    Okay I change my mind, we can both be the cool aunts together... :)

    ReplyDelete