Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fish and Reindeer, whats not to love!

Free day at the Aquarium... actually not as busy as my worst scenario. I went 15 minutes before it opened and there where only a few people in line, by the time we left the line was through the parking lot wrapping all the way around and back. Yea, glad I went early. Jacob had a blast! He has always had a love for the creatures of the sea.I blame Nemo and Sword in the Stone. Derek thought the Jellyfish where simply mesmerizing, we where watching the jellyfish for almost twenty minutes before we moved on. I think we might have a fish tank in our future with these kids. Jacob would just sit and talk to the penguins, asking them to fly. The man that the aquarium thought he would educate my child on the flightless nature of penguins ( as if I haven't tried) this is how the conversation went. "Young man, did you know penguins are great swimmers but can't fly?", Jacob replied, " Yes they can, they just have to eat the magic food, just ask Santa." Jacob said it so matter-of-factly that the guy had no comeback.
We also went to Museum Mondays at the Dino museum. It was tons of fun like always. Jacob made these antlers... well he colored them then I cut them out. He loved them so much that he wore them till they broke. Yes, he was so distraught that I had to make another pair at home.
They also painted red noses on the kids, he was in reindeer heaven. He informed me he was Reindeer Jacob.
Then Mrs.Clause helped the kids make reindeer cookies! She was even nice enough to give Derek some of the pretzels to eat.
Jacob was very focused as he made his cookie, he was determined to make it perfect. He was so proud of it! After he finished Mrs.Clause said he could now eat it it, which he replied no. He wanted to take it home and put it next to his gingerbread house!
I am enjoying Christmas so much because of these two little boys! They make the season magical again ( yes that is sappy to say, but true) Hope you guys are having a great holiday!

3 comments:

  1. I have so much fun watching these two little guys growing up. They have the funnest personalities. Jacob is growing up so fast, and Derek is just so happy all the time. This looks like it was a great outing that you all went on. Keep up the good work girl. Love you all tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess thanks for posting, I know its hard. You both are doing a great job with Jacob and Derek.

    ReplyDelete