Sunday, October 16, 2011

Grandpa's Giant Pumpkins!

It has been almost a month since my last post, and we have done many fun family activities! Sorry about not posting anything and then the onslaught of posts that will happen this week.

My parents have been on the quest of a giant pumpkin for years. Every year they try different techniques and different seeds. This year my Dad, Grandpa, Brother Richie and Brother-in-law Jim all grew their own pumpkins. They joined the giant pumpkin organization in Utah and showed off this years labor of love at Thanksgiving Points Giant Pumpkin Extravaganza. Here is a Picture of Jake and Derek with my Dad's pumpkin, I am still amazed they got it out of their garden and to pumpkin gathering.
Grandpa would take Jake out to see the pumpkins every time we would go over to his house. Now besides the giant sunflowers, strawberries, grapes and lemon tree Jake has informed me we need to grow in our yard, Jake added a huge pumpkin JUST like Grandpa and his Uncles. They had fun looking at the huge pumpkins and hanging out with their Grandparents and Richie. Good luck to you guys next year, may they be even bigger!

1 comment:

  1. Each year the pumpkins get bigger and bigger! I'm nervous about next year! I'm sure they will break another personal record!! Thanks for coming and sharing it with Grandpa and Richie!

    ReplyDelete