Thursday, November 17, 2011

Grandpa Glassford

Grandpa with Jacob
This Fall has been a rough one to say the least. We have been licking our wounds and trying to wrap our minds around loosing our Grandma's when we got the news that my Grandpa passed away. It is hard to even bring up, and I don't like dwelling on this loss. For I feel like a rug has been pulled from underneath me. He was a great man and my families patriarch. Grandpa was truly a hero in my family and helped raise me and all my cousins. He was the ideal Grandpa. Always there when you needed him. He always told me that family was more important than all the gold in the world. He said that because he had us he was a rich man. I know he wanted to be with Grandma and he had a broken heart not to have his true love with him. But I will truly miss him. I will miss all my Grandparents. They are part of me, and hope that someday I can talk about it without crying. Until then, If you ask me about it just know you are just asking for tears. We love you Grandpa. We will miss you terribly.

1 comment:

  1. Grandma and Grandpa loved you all dearly. Please know they are happy and progressing. I constantly think about them and long to talk with them. Mortality seems too short...try to enjoy each day and know we will all be together forever.

    ReplyDelete