Sunday, December 11, 2011

Santa!

 Tis that time of year. We get to take the children to go ask Santa for a present. As if writing him several times for a specific toy was not enough, we get to go ask him in person. Jake was extremely confused at first. He asked questions like " He can't come down and play, he needs to make toys", " the reindeer need to practice Mom, so they can fly everywhere on Christmas", and " Santa can't come, he needs to eat the food so he can have a big belly". Frankly, if you do not understand Jacob's statements you had a sad childhood. Call me and I will recommend some Christmas movies.
 After giving him many completely made-up explanations we where off to see Santa. Jacob was so excited. He knew just what he wanted, and even said thank you.
 Now Derek on the other hand... Well, Derek is terrified of Santa! Dan wondered if making Derek sit on Santa's lap was torture. I told him it was tradition, and if I had to do it as a child so will he. It is like the circle of life.If I was forced to face my fear every year so shall he.
Merry Christmas everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor derek! I can totally see him doing that, was he wanting you to hold him?? He is very much a mommy's boy when Dan is not around!! I love Santa pictures with your boys!!

    ReplyDelete