Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Activities!

 Jacob was part of a Nativity Christmas Program. He got to be Joseph. I dressed him up a few days earlier and read him the story. He became a huge fan of Joseph, and to this day asks if he can be Joseph. We have had several playdates where they end up reenacting the nativity and making up plot lines for Joseph and Mary.
 It was really fun. Thanks you Grandparents and Heather for coming.
Derek was a fill-in Shepard. He was so cute. Derek loves playing with little babies and shushing them. If I hold a baby he starts to freak out, so we still have room for improvement.


Gingerbread Houses!
 Here we are actually putting are gingerbread houses together. It was super fun this year and I had a great team! Dan helped design and make the gingerbread and Karin was my decorating partner.
 There was icing and candy everywhere! That is the way it is supposed to be!
 Team Dad, Mom and Heather where right next to me. I was glad because they didn't bump the table much. Rachel and Jim where on the other table, but I don't have a picture of them, They needed a table all to themselves because they where making mini houses and had to be very precise.
It was a fun night. I love holiday traditions!

2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the fun Jessica... Mom and I really look forward to this holiday activity. We loved your barn, very original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a lot of fun. I remember acting out the nativity scene when we were young!

    Even though they weren't finished I wish I could've seen the other 2 gingerbread houses. Richie looks like they were making wagon wheels or something. What was their theme?
    P.S. Did we ever figure out who won the contest? I know it doesn't matter- but we're Glassfords! We don't back down and say that everyone was a winner! This was a competition! ;)

    ReplyDelete