Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve morning Dan got a text from UPS. He didn't have to go to work!!! It was truly a Christmas miracle. We had a fun day of relaxing, then went over to David and Gina's house for our traditional Christmas Eve festivities. They have this odd pool game that was a fun twist on the original.
Jacob loved watching the adults play, and after explaining that only adults can play because little boys could get hurt, he watched without trying to grab a ball. Dan beat Richie 2-1 and Richie beat my Mom 2-0.
Richie being the crazy uncle! I am so glad Jacob was feeling better. When we first got to David's house Jacob ate a reece's pieces. He went to Dan and told him he ate a bad M&M. After some benadryl and him holding a bowl while he sat on my lap for awhile he seemed just fine.
We then had our traditional Christmas talent Show. Jacob and I sang a song together. That is right people, I sang! David even said I sounded good. The only time he seemed tired and drugged was during our singing. I tried posting the video. You can see it on my facebook page. Jacob then joined in while Richie and Grandpa sang.
After David and Gina's kids did their talent it was Grandma's and Heather's turn. They cheated. They gave all of us a chime and expected us to provide the music. This was a very bad choice. 
Not only did they not have a talent, but we then had to listen to our own horrible "chimed" rendition of classic Christmas songs. It was so bad that Heather couldn't mask her amusement of how crappy it was. The worst part was David . He always forgot which numbers was his. I am going to say the best was me. I got a chime number that wasn't even in the song, so I didn't even have to participate in the deafening craziness. 
We then watched the church's nativity video. Jacob loves the story and was thoroughly enthralled. He had so many questions, "where is King Harrod?", "Why are they speaking so funny", " Joseph should build Mary a house if there is no room", " Why don't they have cars". I had to whisper the story and answer questions in his ear so he wasn't loud.  Derek enjoyed it as well. They both fell asleep on the way home. It was a fun Christmas Eve.

3 comments:

  1. thank you for the memories. The Children make the best memories! Love you tons!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that Dan got the night off! That's great! I'm impressed that Jacob actually listened to you when you told him that pool was an adults game. I know we never did ;) ha ha, remember in Grandma H's basement? The grandkids would all just start rolling balls as fast as we could from every direction on the pool table? The adults (especially Dad) always told us that we're going to hurt ourselves... and if I remember right I broke -or at least hurt- Kirk's finger... and that still didn't stop us!

    P.S. did you color your hair darker? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacob is normally a great listener and does what I ask him ( unless it involves cleaning). Derek is my problem child. Derek reminds me of you sometimes, super stubborn. Love him but when he wants something he doesn't back down easily. You do have a record of inflicting injuries on those around you Angie ;) I didn't color my hair, though I need to.... or cut it... still in deciding mode.

    ReplyDelete