Thursday, January 19, 2012

Derek is 2

My little baby is getting so big, he is now two years old! For his birthday we went to the aquarium. I know I was spoiled as a kid getting to go to Seaworld and the San Diego Zoo, but I think Utah's aquarium is pretty sad. The kids don't know what they are missing out on so they where super excited. Derek and Jacob have a true love for fish and the sea. Derek might not want to watch shows geared to kids his age, but I put on national geographic " coral reef" and he is hooked. I think Jacob's obsession for all ocean dwelling animals helps fuel Derek's fascination.

Derek was so excited to see the fish, but he was mesmerized by the stingrays. At first he wasn't too fond of the stingrays getting close. He would get nervous and even pretend cry if we tried to get him to touch them. Jacob on the other hand had a ball trying to pet them. I had to keep reminding him that only the stingrays are supposed to swim in this water, not Jacobs. One time the sting ray jumped right in front of Jacob. It startled him and made him jump back.
The newest addition to the little aquarium is penguins! They where fun to watch and where really active. Both kids wanted to be lifted up to see the penguins so Dan held them both up. I thought is was super cute. It was a fun family outing, It made me even more excited to take them to San Diego this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Yes, it looks like they are going to LOVE San Deigo! You will need to bring the camcorder so I can see their reactions!! I'm so sad I'm not going to be able to come.

    Happy Birthday Derek!

    ReplyDelete