Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dereks Birthday Party

Yes I realize Derek is only two, but everyone should have their birthday celebrated, even little ones. We invited the Grandparents and a few Aunts and Uncles. Jacob had fun helping me decorate for the party. He wanted the dinosaurs to be in a pattern, and refused deviating from it. Aunt Rachel Made the cake and cupcakes, they turned out great! After Dinner we opened presents. Since his birthday is right after Christmas, my wrapping skills have turned into complete laziness. As you can see I even resorted to throwing a sheet over one, refusing to wrap it at all. Jake even got a gift from the Glassford Grandparents! Oh Sweettart Hearts, how you play a part of my childhood!
Then it was time for cake! Derek even blew out his candles without help! That is right, Jake and my sisters didn't blow them out for Derek!
My kids are notorious for being clean eaters. They do not like getting messy, and when they do they need assistance right then to get it off. Most of the time this is a good thing. Birthday cake is meant to be eaten in a messy way when you are small, thus the removal of the shirt. He didn't like picking up the cupcake with his hands, afraid of the mess the icing was making. So Aunt Heather held up his plate so he could just eat it with his face.
  We then gave the kids ice cream. They where excited because then they got the spoon!
We then had fun hanging out and enjoying a fun birthday game I like to call " The Dino Egg Hunt"! It is the exact same thing as an Easter egg hunt but with dinosaur eggs. The kids and Aunts also had fun playing games in the castle. Thanks to everyone who came, it was super fun.

3 comments:

  1. We had a great time. Thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun with the kids! Hopefully the kids weren't too scarred from their crazy aunts playing with them... haha.
    Thank you for inviting us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids are never too young to have family celebrate them. You're such a creative mommy. I'm just going to have to keep stealing ideas from you! Haha.

    I love the pictures of Mom with Derek. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete