Friday, February 24, 2012

Valentines Surprise

My parents have installed a true love for holidays in me. Something that Dan had to get used to when we first got married. My parents where always trying to make us feel important and loved. They made a point in celebrating even the smallest and commercial holidays with their own flair. I hope my kids grow up knowing they are loved and celebrated like I was. Valentines Day as per Glassford ( now Astin) tradition is a celebration of all loved ones. Dan and I got each other cute little gifts and got the kids Valentines presents. We had a Valentines day dinner ( heart shaped pancakes) and Jake had fun making valentines for family and friends.
But in Grandma and Grandpa Glassford fashion they wowed the kids with this.They tagged our door with hearts and candy. Leaving cute little notes and wonderful presents. Jake saw it and was speechless for a bit, not knowing what to do. I read him the note and told them that his Grandparents loved him and they wanted to give him and Derek a surprise valentine. He looked so happy, he got a four headed orange dragon! He adores it. It is his favorite color AND his favorite number if four!! After about an hour playing with their new toys and having Dan read them their books Jake got a concerned look on his face. " I haven't given them their valentine Mom!! I love them too and they need their candy!!" I explained to him that we where going over for our traditional Valentines Day Dinner with the Glassford family later. That the Grandparents just wanted to surprise you. He then responded, " they are very sneaky." Then he kept playing with Derek and the Dinosaur.


5 comments:

  1. It was so much fun getting it put together on the door. Mom did practically everything. Me and Rachel tagged along for the fun part. We waited for almost 30 min for you guys to come home, we finally left cause you took so long... and then you called like five min later!! Lame! But it was lots of fun, I'm glad the kids enjoyed it cause we love them sooo much!! You and Dan too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for helping. Costco on Saturday took a lot longer than I thought ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Jess, our parents are very thoughtful! I am so grateful to grow up with parents who celebrate the holidays :) I was glad I could help mom, she sure loves you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet!! Those are some lucky boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We feel like the holidays are there for us to tell each of you that you are loved and appreciated! Aunt Anne gave me the idea about attacking the door, I think I am going to keep this tradition going!

    Love you all,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete