Sunday, July 10, 2011

Grandma

My Grandma passed away today. Two weeks ago I lost my Grandma Hawkins, which was sudden but oddly peaceful. Grandma Hawkins was truly loved by her family but felt lonely and I believe is much happier where she is now than she was for the majority of the past few years. Grandma Glassford’s passing has been different. She leaves behind a grieving husband, whose pain is so palpable it causes me pain to hear him cry. She died today in the hospital surrounded by her family. She lost her fight with the massive stroke that happened this past Thursday. I know that she is with her parents, and is happy. Though I know where she is, that Heavenly Father has a plan, I feel cheated. No one should have to lose two beloved family members so close together, especially since both deaths where unexpected. She leaves behind a true legacy of love, devotion and faith. She was my second Mom, as was she to many. I was blessed to have her live with us while I was growing up, and because of that we formed a bond closer than a Grandma and Granddaughter. We were friends bonded by memories and love. Her service will be held on Friday, July 15th at the church at 1051 E. 200 S. in Lindon, beginning with the viewing starting 9:30 and the funeral at 11:00.
Yesterday I had the opportunity to hold her shoulder and talk to her as she was passing. I told her that I loved her, and promised that we would remember her and every thing she taught us. It was then that she flat lined. Grandma was free of her crippling stroke and with Jesus. I will keep my promise. I will make sure my kids never forget their beloved Grandma and her wonderful legacy, us.

No comments:

Post a Comment