Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Birthday

My birthday was last week, and in Glassford style it was celebrated with good food and great company. This birthday has been interesting to say the least. But despite all the stuff happening Dan and my wonderful parents gave me a great birthday. I was asked what I wanted for my birthday dinner and I said Dad's bbq chicken. So I got BBQ chicken and at least four different cuts of steak. No one can accuse my parents of not celebrating our births! Here is Dad out at the smoker while holding Derek. Little Derek is terrified of many people, but not Grandpa!
Here is what happens when I give Derek punch for dinner. Here I am getting prepped to blow out my candle while everyone sings to me. Richie and Dad pretended to blow out the candle right as I was about to blow. This made me laugh and I had to blow 5 times before the candle went out. Lame boys. Here is Jake and Great Grandma. I had planned on him simply having a small piece of cake. But the Grandma's had different plans. Grandma gave him a huge piece of cake and Great Grandma gave him several different ice-creams to try. Oh the sugar rush! Jake loves cake! he ate that entire piece.... yes he was wired.
Thanks to everyone who helped celebrate me and gave me birthday wishes! We had a lot of fun on my birthday which included badminton and a water fight, I will write about it soon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to have fun celebrating your birthday.
    Thank you for all of your help when I came down for the past couple of weeks. You're an angel.
    I love your posts about both Grandmas... I haven't commented on them because quite honestly I still don't have the words. But I enjoyed reading them very much.
    Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica, I am glad you enjoyed your birthday. I love the shot with Grandma G. I miss her so much.

    ReplyDelete